Saturday 3 March 2012

Day 2: College plans & grandmothers

Saturday 03rd March 2012


So last night my friend came to see me, we just sat and had a girly catch up, got some chinese and talked.. Well until my grandmother came for a visit. As much as I love my grandmother her coming down every night can be a bit much at times, especially when my friends are there.. Can she not see that we're having a catch up? And then she has the cheek to tell me that it's not a good idea for me to go back to education in September!! 


I'll explain, I have decided that I want to become a Midwife and obviously to do that I need the qualifications. So I have applied to go back to college in September and get my Health and Social care qualification and then I can go to Uni from there and do my 3year Midwifery course. It's what I want to do and I know if I put it off much longer I won't ever go and do it. So I'm taking the bull by the horns and making a start to getting there. fair enough I might not get into the course but I am trying. I don't want to continue being on benefits the rest of my life I want to make something off myself.. Yes I am a mother and I love that but I want to be able to provide for my children, give them the life I had as a child and I can't do that if only there father is working. So anyway she sat and told me that she thought it was stupid and how was I going to cope with going to college and looking after 2 children and a house. Well the same way every working mother copes. I will just do it and will need help from there father obviously.. Yes I might not have thought about it completely but I need to see if I am going to get into the course or not before I start making plans. 


My grandmother isn't the only person to put me down about this as my own mother has and my OH mother and sister have!! Since when was wanting to better your life a  bad thing??? Most people would be proud that I am trying to better my life for my children but no not in this family.. I'm being stupid!! Yes my children are young and all but why not start now? I will get my college course for free as I am 19 so why wait 2-3 years and have to pay for it as well as when I go to uni?? They will all just have to accept that it's what I want to do and it's what I am going to do.. Not just for my children but for me to. It will make me feel good about myself. Is that so bad?? Wanting to feel good about myself? Like I am actually going to achieve something? 


I probably won't be able to BLOG most days as I will have Aaron but as I don't have him today, well at the minute I am able to. I will try though as so far it is a great place for me to just let you know how I am feeling. To get it off my chest. Well I suppose I may do some cleaning whilst I am baby free.. 


Write soon.. 
Much love 
Kirsty & Bump xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment